South Jersey Yacht Sales Offshore Showdown
July 10 - July 13, 2019
TIMES & BOUNDARIES
- All boats must sail from and return to Cape May Inlet.
- Boats are not permitted to clear the Sea Buoy prior to 4:30 AM.
- Fishing begins at 8:00 AM. No lines or bait of any kind may be put into the water until starting time.
- Fishing ends at 3:30 PM on each scheduled fishing day. Any fish hooked prior to the deadline may be played until boated or released, provided that said fish is announced hooked on the tournament channel before the deadline.
- Boundaries for the tournament will be 100 nautical miles from the Cape May Sea Buoy.
- Weigh-in begins at 5:00 PM. All eligible fish must be available for weigh-in by 7:30 PM aboard the boat on which they were caught.
- Participants shall comply with I.G.F.A. equipment and angling rules with the following exceptions: A) A fish may be hooked by someone other than the angler provided the rod is immediately transferred to the angler after hook-up. From that time on, the angler must fight the fish alone until boated or released; B) No Harpoons, dart gaffs, or greensticks; C) Live baiting is not permitted. The Tournament Directors retain sole authority for interpreting and implementing the I.G.F.A.’s rules.
- There is no limit on the number of lines or teasers.
- All billfish released are to be announced on the tournament channel at the time of the catch. Tuna boated over 50 lbs. should also be reported.
- This is a trolling tournament. While hook-ups accomplished with no headway are permissible if they occur at a time when baits settle while fighting another fish, the use of live bait or stopping and casting or pitching to tailing fish or fish balling bait is not permissible.
- For release purposes, a fish will be considered caught when the mate grabs the leader, or the swivel touches the rod tip.
- Fishing will be on each scheduled day unless cancelled by the weather committee by 6:30 AM.
- Anglers may not switch to another boat nor can anyone from another boat come aboard to assist in fighting or boating a fish.
- Only one day need be fished for the tournament to be considered official & prizes to be awarded.
- Fractional weights will be rounded to the nearest pound.
- For release points to count, boats must be dockside by the weigh-in deadline and submit a Daily Catch Report by 7:30 PM at the official tournament weigh station.
- In the event of a tie, the winner shall be the first boat or team reaching the winning point accumulation.
- In order to be eligible for awards and prizes, fish must be caught in compliance with all tournament rules. Said rules include conformance to state and federal size limits and possession of a current NMFS angling, general or charter/headboat category HMS permit.
- All fish eligible for cash prizes may be subject to examination by the Tournament Directors, consulting biologists and/or Torrymeter, should there be any question as to the “freshness” of the catch. It shall be the responsibility of the participant to keep all eligible catches in suitable and proper condition until weigh-in. In the event of any disputes arising from such examination, the decision of the Tournament Directors shall be final. Polygraph examination may be required of winning crews.
- The designated tournament VHF radio channels are 69 (Primary) and 71 (Alternate)
- The Tournament Directors and hosting facilities assume no liability or responsibility for any damage or loss.
- In the event of boat disability, contestants may transfer to another boat not entered in the tournament and may fish in the name of the original, with the prior approval of the Tournament Directors.
- Allegations of violations of any of the above rules may be submitted only by an official tournament registrant and must be submitted in writing on the day of the alleged infraction. In the event of such an allegation, the tournament directors will have the sole and exclusive responsibility to investigate the alleged incident and to rule as to whether any violation materially aided the angler, crew, or vessel, or otherwise affected the outcome of the tournament. Any subsequent penalty will be solely at the discretion of the tournament directors and shall be final. In all cases, registrant and their crews agree to be bound by the ruling of the tournament directors.